Different types of weight terminology used in the platform are mentioned below:-
- Entered Weight: It is the weight that the seller enters into the panel while processing an Order. (Note: The system takes 0.5 Kg as the minimum default weight for the shipment)
- Volumetric Weight: It is weight calculated based on the dimensions ( L, B, H) entered for an order. This weight is calculated as (LxBxH)/5000 (for most of our courier partners) which measures the amount of space that an order will take in the carrier. The base factor to calculate the volumetric weight might vary for different courier partners.
- Applied Weight: It is higher of two weights entered by the user i.e entered and volumetric weight on which the shipping charges are calculated.
- Charged Weight: The weight for which you are charged by the courier company.
Shiprocket allows you to notice the final charged weight in the weight reconciliation tab.
For your convenience, there is an option to export the weight reconciliation sheet for your reference. The download icon at the top right corner is highlighted in the image below. To do so-
- Go to Weight Panel from the left menu and select Weight Discrepancy.
- Click on the Export option on the right side of the screen to download the report for all your orders.