We have introduced a new return module to our ShipRocket webapp. It aims at:
- Simplifying the reverse orders for your shipments
- Facilitating returns from either an existing forward order or fresh return order.
This guide will help you create a return order in a few easy steps. Please follow the steps as mentioned below to create a return order in your ShipRocket Dashboard.
With the new ShipRocket platform, there are two main ways through which you can create return orders :
- From ‘Delivered’ orders
- Manual Reverse orders.
- Create Return Order from ‘delivered’ Orders
Reverse orders can be created when you have already sent the shipment in the forward mode thorough ShipRocket and it’s status has been marked as ‘delivered’. To create a reverse order from ‘delivered’ orders follow the steps given below:
- Go to the ‘Orders’ tab in the left menu
- Locate the internal ‘All Orders’ tab
- For all the shipments that have status marked as ‘Delivered’, you will automatically find a ‘Create Return’ option.
- Click on ‘Create Return’ in the order detail screen of the delivered orders
- A link with prefilled details about your order will open
- By default, the your buyer’s address will become the pick-up address.
- By default, the seller’s pick up address with become the destination
- You can change your delivery address or add a new address if you have multiple saved addresses.
2.) Manual Reverse orders
A new return order can be generated when you want to manually create a return order request.
You can create a new return order by navigating to the ‘returns’ tab from ‘orders’ tab in the left panel. Follow the steps mentioned below to help you better.
a) Go to the ‘orders’ tab in the left panel
b) In the orders tab, select the ‘Returns’ tab from the top panel
c) In the ‘returns’ tab, click the ‘Initiate return’ option
d) Upon clicking the ‘initiate return’ option, you will be redirected to a ‘create a return order’ page where you will have to fill in details like:
- Order ID
- Pickup address
- Mobile number
- Drop-off address
- Product details - ID, SKU, Quantity, price
- Weight and dimensions
- Payment details ( We accept only prepaid payment method for return orders)
Upon filling these details you can click on the ‘create return’ option to proceed further.
e) Once the return order is created it will be displayed in the ‘returns’ tab. You can click the ‘Initiate Return’ option and select the courier partner best suited for you. The courier partners will be listed as the per the pincode serviceability. Also, you can edit the weight and dimensions before assigning the courier partner to your return order.
f) After the courier has been assigned successfully, generate a pick up for the same. There is a high probability that the order will be scheduled for pickup for the same day in case the request has been generated before 1 pm . Your buyer will also a receive a message regarding the same.
Once the order has been picked up, you can track your progress in the Shiprocket panel.